Posts tagged afterlife
Posts tagged afterlife
There have long been stories of near-death or out-of-body experiences, but as researchers at the University of Southampton in the UK note, “objective studies on these experiences are limited.”
It is time to give a voice to those who are gifted with dream visitations from the newly dead. These dreamers are emerging out of their own silence to share experiences about their dreams of earthbound ghosts and those effervescent spirits who they see lingering between the 3rd & 4th astral planes, resembling flashes of particles of light appearing and disappearing before their eyes. Over the past few years dreamers are awakening in their dreams to the conversations they are sharing with the recently departed. Those who recall their dreams, are finding that they are capable of bringing back upon waking, knowledge from these encounters that contains much needed information about the physical realm, those we know, about ourselves, the afterlife, and images of all the realms in-between.
Do you want to know your future?
Mihály Zichy - A kísértetek órája (The Ghost Hour), 1880.
viα distortus: Anubis was an ancient Egyptian god of the underworld who guided and protected the spirits of the dead. He was generally depicted as a black jackal-headed man, or as a black jackal. The Egyptians would have noticed the jackals prowling around the graveyards, and so the link between the animal and the dead was formed in their minds.
Anubis was believed:
- to guide the dead in the afterlife, showing them the way to Osiris, in which is decided if the soul is worthy of entering The Blessed Land (a place similar to the living world, but without pain or sorrow);
- to be the protector of embalming and guardian of both the mummy and the necropolis, protecting both the souls of the dead and their eternal resting place;
- to preside over the funerary rituals. The funerary priests would wear a mask of the jackal god during the mummification process, symbolically becoming the god for the rituals;
- to be the inventor of the process of mummification;
- to awake the dead. He would appear by the mummy and awaken his soul.
Reddit was asked what the best two sentence horror story they could come up with was. Here are the terrifying results.
Do you believe in ghosts?